Contact Information

Martin, Elliot & Snell Law Offices

Street Address:
7070 SW Nyberg Street Suite B
Tualatin, Oregon 97062

Mailing Address:
Martin Elliott & Snell P.C.
P.O. Box 575
Tualatin, Oregon 97062

Phone Number:
(503) 692-0608

Fax Number:
(503) 691-0782


How Can We Help You?

Quick Contact FOrm

Fields marked with * are mandatory

YP.COM Reviews

Posted By OSUgrad On 07/03/2013
Great advice. Good counsel. You can trust...

Family Matters

Family matters sometimes become legal issues. The attorneys at Martin Elliott & Snell can help you move through these difficult times with dignity. We have the legal expertise, extensive experience, and personal empathy to bring positive resolution to family law issues. Such issues include:

Divorce: No fault divorce is practiced in the State of Oregon. A court may grant a dissolution of marriage (divorce) in response to a petition filed by either party to the marriage. No evidence of wrongdoing is required; the only reason that needs to be stated is that irreconcilable differences have caused an irremediable breakdown of the marriage. A party in the marriage does not need permission of their spouse in order to file for divorce.

Legal Separation: A judgment of separation is akin to a divorce settlement in that it is issued due to irreconcilable differences between the parties that causes a breakdown of the marriage.  The main difference between a legal separation and a divorce is that spouses are still married after a legal separation. Legal separation is often chosen so that a party may remain on their spouse’s insurance policy. Other reasons for selecting legal separation including moral or religious objections to divorce or neither party having lived in Oregon for the requisite six months.

Child Custody: Custody is generally based on the best interests of the child, and parents can file for sole custody or joint custody.

Child Support: Child support arrangements are made in order to provide for the financial support of a minor child. There are guidelines established to determine child support arrangements, both temporary and permanent.

Spousal Support: Spousal support (alimony) provide a means of support to a spouse so that such spouse may maintain a lifestyle similar to that enjoyed during the marriage. Alimony may be temporary or indefinite, fixed or fluctuating. Factors such as needs of the party requesting alimony as well as the length of the marriage are taken into account.

Parenting Time: In cases of marital dissolution in which children are involved, Oregon law requires a parenting plan be created. The parenting plan must, at a minimum, state how much time children will spend with the non-custodial parent.

Property Settlements: Oregon follows equitable distribution laws, in which property acquired during a marriage belongs to the spouse who earned it or, in the case of divorce, is divided between the spouses in a fair and equitable manner. The court will take a number of factors into consideration when calculating property settlements, including earning contributions of each spouse, the value of one spouse staying at home to raise children, each spouse’s earning potential.

Modifications of Support or Parenting Time: Child support may be modified administratively or by a court. Unless both parties agree to a change, a support modification is held through a contested administrative or court hearing.

Adoptions: Adopting a child gives you permanent parental rights and responsibilities. Adoptions can be made through private agencies or foster parents may choose to adopt the child in their care. Divorce proceedings may affect the finalization of an adoption process.

Domestic Partnerships: Oregon passed legislation making most rights afforded to married couples available to same-sex couples in domestic partnerships.

Mediation: Parties considering divorce are encouraged to utilize mediation as opposed to litigation. Mediation enables such parties to make decisions regarding property and children, as opposed to attorneys or judges making decisions for them. Mediation is less expensive and generally less stressful than litigation, and can help maintain congenial familial relationships.

Print Version Print Version       Send to a friend Send to a friend       Send to Phone

Send to Phone

Your text message was sent.

To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411 from your mobile phone.

To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411 from your mobile phone.

Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number.

Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.

Martin Elliott & Snell, P.C.


- -

Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported